11/17/16

ALSC Valentine Pattern Design with Robert Kaufman!

http://valeriehart.com

I recently participated in the Art Licensing Show Valentine Pattern Design Art Challenge! This was my entry but unfortunately it was not one of the Top 6 designs selected by the Art Directors at Robert Kaufman.

I hand illustrated the flower elements, scanned them in and put them together in Illustrator. I really love how the color palette came together! Maybe it was not traditional enough colors for Valentine's Day? A couple of fellow artists mentioned that the design would make lovely Wedding gift wrap paper. Hmmm, that's a thought.


My friend Cherish's gorgeous watercolor pattern made the TOP 6. Check it out on her blog!

I really love participating in these challenges! It motivates me to create new work that I maybe would not otherwise do. If you want to see the Top 6 beautiful Valentine Pattern Designs selected by Robert Kaufman, and ALL the designs — click here to go to the blog post on ALSC. Congrats to all of the winners! Great work!

They've also got another challenge going on for a Thanksgiving Art & Gratitude parade. Not really a challenge but an open submission for portfolio members. It motivated me to create some new Thanksgiving art for it that I posted earlier! Click here to see all of the Thanksgiving ART!

#ALSCArtandGratitude #valeriehart #valentinepattern #illustration